The early bird gets the worm, but the late worm doesn’t get eaten!
Sage 50 2024 was released on October 16th and has some exciting new features. However, Best Business Strategies advises you to wait to take the 2024 upgrade.
In speaking with Sage Support yesterday (10-31-23) I was informed that there are 2 known issues with the 2024 program release at this time.
First is an install issue with customers getting a Dyna Zip error code.
It happens when customers are installing the program on a new Windows 10 computer, but they have been using Sage 50 for many years. Apparently, there are residual files in the old programs that are causing this issue.
It was reported to me that when the file was doing a backup before the conversion, the user would get a Dyna Zip 18 error. Sometimes Sage support was able to fix this issue, other times they just had to roll back to 2023. To fix this issue, it is known to take at least 40 minutes for a stand-alone machine and 2 or more hours for a network installation. The only similarity they can identify at this time is that this it seems to be happening on NEW Windows 10 computers.
The Second issue is with the Aatrix Form updates.
The forms seem to be corrupted and not calculating the tax correctly. When contacting Sage, they will remove the existing files and install new forms for you. The Sage phone number is 866-747-3888. You will need to be in a current support contract with Sage (Have Sage Business Care) to receive this FREE Sage support.
FYI – I have not taken the updated and my Aatrix forms just updated without issue. I am running Windows 11 with Sage 50 2023.
What’s New in Sage 50 2024 Recap
- Sage HR integration with Sage 50
- Maintenance and security updates
Sage HR integration for employee self-service
Free your time by skipping manual HR tasks while also keeping employee records organized and Secure!
To continue our investment in our cloud-connected solutions, we have integrated Sage 50 with our Sage HR solution to enhance your payroll experience. This is available to those with a Sage 50 cloud-connected subscription with payroll. After you download and install 2024.0, you can connect your business to Sage HR.
The Sage HR features include:
- Employee record sync: Sync your employee records with Sage HR so employees can self-serve and manage their information from anywhere.
- Easy-to-download: Save time from HR administrative work and empower your employees to access and download their paystubs.
- Mobile App: Encourage your employees to use the mobile app for easy access from anywhere while they’re on the go.
Maintenace & Security Updates
- According to the system requirements: Beginning with Sage 50 US release 2024.0 Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 Standard, and Windows Server 2012 R2 are no longer compatible operating systems.
- If you are still on a perpetual license, version 2024 is the last upgrade you will receive as part of your business care plan. A subscription license will be the only option for all future renewals.
- Version 2023 will be supported until March 6th, 2024.
All Videos courtesy of Sage Group plc or its licensors. Unauthorized use is not permitted. Please click on picture to start video.
Best Business Strategies is one of the Largest Sage 50 Resellers in Sage North America! We also offer Sage 50 Support & Services. Check out what we have to offer!