Manage Your Money
Sage 50 Quantum Accounting is designed to be fully compliant with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), with features and checkpoints that provide the accuracy and security to run your business with peace of mind. Plus, it comes with analysis and reporting tools that give you insights that lead to ideas and innovation.
Real, double-entry accounting for numbers that add up
Double-entry accounting provides for accounts that are accurate and in balance. Sage 50 Quantum Accounting customers retain control over the bookkeeping process through the use of Accounting Periods and G/L Accounts, including accounting periods that can be locked so that the administrator can select who can edit transactions in prior periods.
Audit trails to track user activity and deter fraud
With the audit trail, Sage 50 Quantum Accounting can maintain a record of details associated with every transaction. Some of the information maintained in the audit trail includes who entered a transaction and when; who changed a transaction, when the change was made and what the change was; and who deleted a transaction and when. In addition, the audit trail tracks when each user logs on and off the system and what additions, changes, and deletions were made to master file information.
Find accounting errors with up to 15 different checks of the data with the Internal Accounting Review
Up to 15 checks of your data are performed by the Internal Accounting Review process in Sage 50 Quantum Accounting. These checks look for suspicious transactions and common accounting mistakes and give the user advice on correcting the transactions.
Pay your bills electronically with Sage 50 Online Bill Pay
Use a simple two-step process to pay your bills electronically. With this service, there's no need to write checks, stuff envelopes, apply postage, or copy invoices. Plus, you can improve cash flow management by scheduling the exact day when money is transferred from your account for more accurate payables processing and reconciling. And there is no limit on the number of vendors you can pay. Put down the checkbook and go back to running your business—it's a great way to save time, money…and trees!
Sage 50 Quantum Accounting includes: 140+ standard reports, interactive job reporting, and Sage Business Intelligence. Customizable reports give you the data you need – the way you want it – to recognize opportunities, to steer your business and to help increase profitability. Output reports to email, Adobe or Excel.
1 Multi User licenses available in packs of1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 15, 20, 30 or 40. A maximum of 40 licensed, named users is allowed. Only the first 40 named users selected in the user maintenance screen are considered licensed, named users.
2 Sage 50 does not impose a hard limit on database capacity, however, individual performance will vary depending on actual number of transactions, database size, and number of concurrent users. Data management efficiencies are also realized in the Sage 50 Accounting 2013 products.
3 Performance results are based on recommended system requirements for Sage 50 Quantum Accounting 2013. Results may vary based on configuration, size and content of data file, system and network traffic.
4 Includes access to 100MB of storage space for one year from date of installation. Upgrade to next Sage 50 release required to continue free yearly service beyond initial term. Subject to third party terms and conditions.
Sage Business Intelligence A fully integrated reporting and analysis solution that supplements the reporting capability in Sage 50 to make it easy to create powerful, customized reports in the tool you already use – Microsoft® Excel®.
Cash Flow Manager
- Easily analyze and forecast your cash flow to know whether or not you will have enough cash to meet current and upcoming financial obligations.
- Export cash flow forecasts into Microsoft Excel or run what-if analysis transactions to see how purchases will impact your cash flow.
Multi-Year Reporting & Budgeting
- Compare budgets and financial results across multiple years.
- Improve trending analysis and more accurately forecast based on prior year activity.
- Create personalized navigation so you no longer have to wade through screens and menus you don't use.
- Customize your dashboards to organize key, real-time information and access it easily. Customize the screens to only show things you do on a regular basis, like managing Aged Receivables, or Aged Payables, or Payroll and much more.
- Quickly see who your most profitable customers are, what bills need to be paid, and what is owed to them.
Manage Your Business
Sage 50 Quantum Accounting offers helpful tools to optimize your business processes, manage resources, track projects, tasks, and time, and put your business in the best possible position for improved profitability and sustainable growth. And, if inventory is part of your business, you can count on Sage 50 Quantum to have your back with its powerful inventory and workflow management tools.
Sage 50 Quantum Accounting helps you manage the delicate balance between too much inventory and not enough. The true cost of carrying inventory, such as storage, insurance and taxes, can have a significant impact on your business's profitability.
Inventory Tracking and Replenishment
- Create and track inventory items based on user defined attributes such as size, color, style, and more.
- Maintain accurate Quantity on Hand information by reserving inventory requested on Purchase Orders and Sales Orders.
- Automatically create purchase order to replenish inventory when inventory reaches a predetermined level. It's also possible to create purchase orders from sales orders and invoices.
Inventory Pricing and Multiple Costing Methods
- Establish up to 10 different, customizable price levels per item. It's easy to update prices by a specific dollar amount or percentage.
- Apply a pricing change to a handful of items or everything in inventory. Apply price increases or decreases globally, rounding prices to a specific cent or dollar amount.
- Choose among the Average, LIFO, FIFO, and Specific Unit inventory costing methods.
Additional Inventory/Vendor Management features & benefits:
- Serialized Item Tracking & Costing
- Warranty Tracking
- Quantity Discounting
- Just-in-Time Purchasing Flexibility
- Assembly History Tracking
- Storing of additional inventory attributes
- Commissionable Item Tracking
- Drop Shipments
- Master stock and sub item tracking
- Work Ticket Tracking
Job trackingThe Job and Project Management Center allows you to see the various components of a job from one convenient spot, and give you the complete job picture—from start to finish.
- Quickly access frequently used job tasks on the intuitive dashboard
- Track projects at the job level, job/phase or job/phase/cost code level
- Format job IDs and cost codes with up to 20 alphanumeric characters
- Track an unlimited number of user-definable cost and phase categories
- Track estimated and actual schedule dates
- Create unlimited user-definable job status codes with visual "stop light" indicators
- Make notes and attach documents to your jobs
- Closely track Change Orders and their approvals to make sure each job remains profitable
- Track subcontractor insurance such as general liability and workman's comp.
Flexible Billing and Job Costing Capabilities:
- Track expense and revenue project totals by job, phase, and cost code by year, quarter, month, week, or specific accounting period
- Track actual and committed job costs and revenues to always know job profitability throughout the project
- Apply Labor Burden rates for employees at the Job or Company level
- Progress Billing for % of Contract or % of Completion
- Ability to withhold retainage1 per the contract terms
Job Reporting Create reports on the fly using the interactive job reporting and output to Excel, Adobe PDF or email. Many job reports can be customized to your needs, such as, Retainage, Job Profitability, Job Ledger details, or Work in Progress.
The Order Process Workflow system in Sage 50 Quantum Accounting keeps everyone informed in real time of all the details in your sales and purchase processes, so that anyone with approved access can instantly know where your order is, when it's due, who's handling it, or what the problem with it is. You can customize triggers, steps and statuses that are crucial to your company.
- Keep track of all the moving parts of your order process so nothing gets missed and everything moves along as planned.
- Notify the next person in the process with a status and specific notes as needed.
- Have one centralized place to keep track of all the work involved in the process, or see just your own tasks.
- Automatically send notifications to designated employees/customers/vendors once a task is completed.
- My Inbox on My Dashboard monitors the status of a user's processes and transactions, and allows them to take action.
Manage Your Employees and Customers
Keeping track of and communicating with employees and customers is critical to your business. Sage 50 Quantum helps you nurture your relationships with these important people with tools that help you manage the financial side (payroll, quotes, invoices, etc.) and communications (email marketing, management centers, and security) with ease and confidence.
Sage 50 Quantum Accounting can help you organize, automate, and synchronize customer-related business processes, as well as reduce the costs of marketing and customer service.
Customer Management Center
- Create a customizable dashboard view of your customers' information, such as converted and unconverted quotes, invoices, receipts, time tickets, aged balances, items and services sold, and more.
- Save time by looking up customers quickly, based on their ID, phone number, or any of their contact information.
- Easily export customer information to Microsoft Excel or PDF, or launch an email from the Customer Management Center.
Disclaimers1 There is a maximum of 20 ship to addresses and 1 billing address per customer. Only 2 contacts per customer can be synced with Outlook.
2 When opening more than one company, performance is not impacted, however, you will experience reduced product functionality in those companies opened after the first one.
3 Internet access required. Must have a license for Sage ACT! 2009, 2010, or 2011.
Save time and reduce errors by keeping track of your employee information in one place. Maintain detailed employee records, such as hiring data, demographic information, emergency contacts, performance reviews, and more.
- Keep track of employee time – or have each employee track his/her own time – for payroll and job costing.
- Track common employee benefits and deductions based on your company's needs for more reliable accounting.
- Setup automated email alerts to be notified when important dates are coming up, such as I-9 reverification, performance reviews, or birthdays.
- Manage payroll yourself from within Sage 50 Quantum Accounting or choose from payroll services that include print-n-sign tax forms, e-filing, direct deposit, and even full service outsourced payroll.1
1 Subject to approval. Additional fees, Internet access and credit card required. Not Available with Sage 50 First Accounting.
More users mean more security concerns. Sage 50 Quantum Accounting helps ensure security of your sensitive data, and lets you control which users have access to which data and features.
Role Based Security Role-based security controls allow for screen-level and report group access control. Administrators can select from more than 100 specific areas to give Add, Edit, View-Only, or No Access rights to each user. You can even block access to key navigation screens.
- Accommodates 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 15, 20, 30, 40 licensed, named users1
- Optimized database capacity2
- Send notifications to other users that they need to log out, or if necessary, manually log them out
Speed and Performance SmartPosting is a Windows service that manages the posting of transactions independently of the client workstation. It saves times because you can continue to add and save transactions without having to wait for the posting to finish, plus it alerts you to errors or problems since the SmartPosting Manager monitors the state of the service running in the background.
Automatic Backup Schedule your company's backup to run recurring and automatically during non-business hours.
Sage Peachtree Online Backup Fast, secure, efficient backups of your financial data and other business critical files such as documents, Excel spreadsheets and email. Automatically schedule backups. Access your data from the Web on any computer.